200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Online, From Anywhere and/or In-Person Options Likely As Well!
MyCAA Military Spouse Scholarship Now Accepted!
So, you’re ready to take the next step in your yoga journey?
At Cambio Yoga, we know our students have different lifestyles, budgets, learning styles, and needs, so we have two programs to make this big step accessible for you! Both programs have the same comprehensive curriculum, experienced faculty, and both prepare you to teach a safe, well rounded, effective, inclusive class (if you choose to teach!) and help you gain more knowledge and experience in the greater depths of yoga.
You can choose from the 12 Week Intensive or the Extended Program, where you can finish in as soon as 1 year, or take up to 3 years to finish. Scroll below to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or learn more at one of our Free Info Sessions - coming later in 2023.
Free Info Sessions:
↓ Choose from our Two Program Tracks ↓
Extended Program Details
Schedule, Orientation & Modules
Starts September 29-October 1, 2023
Following orientation, create your own schedule and complete the followinig:
Take 5 Weekend Modules, offered on the 2nd weekend of the month:
Friday 5:30-9:30p, Saturday and Sunday 9:00a-5:30p.
5 Supervised Practice Teach Sessions - offered on the last Sunday monthly from 1-5p (time/day subject to change)
1 "Embracing Your Practice" 5.5 hour module - offered 3 times a year on a Sunday
Independent Work schedule at your leisure to include 10 Vinyasa classes at Cambio, 4 observations and homework to include reading and pre-recorded videos.
- Pay as you go, budget your time and money
- *Receive a complimentary 10 class package by signing up at an Info Session!
Intensive Program Details
Starts September 24, 2023
This program meets for 12 weeks with a schedule of:
- Saturdays 9a-1p
- Sundays 9a-3p
- Tuesdays 6-8/9p
- Thursdays starting on Week 4 :: 6-8 or 9pm
*All Mountain Time
Interest free payment plans and sliding scale options available
*Receive a complimentary 10 class package by signing up at an Info Session!
Which Program is right for me?
Extended - Starts January 2024
- Flexible Schedule, take it at your own pace (8mo - 3 years)
- Pay at your own pace
- Great for Self-starters
- Payment Plans Available!
- Accepts MyCAA Scholarships for Eligable Military Spouses
Intensive - Starts January 2024
- Consistent Community Connection
- Structured Schedule
- Payment Plans Available!
- Accepts MyCAA Scholarships for Eligable Military Spouses
Six Objectives for our Programs
- Learn to teach and modify a fundamentally sound, safe, and accessible class.
- Learn to to give safe hands on adjustments.
- Gain an understanding of the chakra system and use it to experience personal growth
- Gain a basic understanding of yoga philosophy.
- Be exposed to the wide world of yoga beyond the postures i.e. prenatal, sanskrit, pranayama, chanting, business of yoga, meditation, etc…
- Have fun and connect with community.
Who is this Teacher Training for?
Whoever you are & whatever path you embark on, there is much to be gained from this program!
LOOKING TO DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE?
- Maybe you have years of experience or maybe you are brand new to the practice. Either way, our Lead Teachers offer an experience custom to your experience level. You will learn about your own practice in terms of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects.
- “Cambio’s loving, accepting, and nurturing community made this one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The vast knowledge of the staff has been the most valuable gift in my journey. I knew I was on the right path and in the right place every time I was with my amazing sangha and teachers. Transformational is a term commonly and appropriately used for this experience, cliche or not. I would say this has been challenging, thought provoking, and inspirational. Thank you.” -Jesi S
LOOKING TO TEACH?
- Do you want to experience the unique feeling of teaching yoga? This can be a beautiful opportunity to connect with others and serve your community. Rest assured that you will graduate with the skills to teach a safe, well-rounded and intelligently sequenced class.
- “I was armed with a set of practical skills to be a safe and effective yoga teacher.” - Katie W
LOOKING FOR COMMUNITY?
- In Yoga Teacher Training, you develop a “sangha”, or community. These groups tend to grow very close and are unlike many relationships you experience in your day-to-day lives. In the Intensive YTT, you are with the same people for the duration of the training. In the Extended YTT, you may know several people in your module that month, but there may also be some new faces you haven’t seen before!
- “I've always known that Cambio was big on supporting the community and bringing it together but I also got to experience it in a whole new way. One that I will never forget.” - Andi S
IS THERE AN OPTION D?
- Yes! Many people aren’t sure of their “why” or what they want to do with a YTT certification. That’s great! Many people also start with one idea in mind, and after being exposed to the wide world of yoga through our training, come out with very different ideas. Some people incorporate what they have learned in their jobs as school teachers, physical & massage therapists, and even as Army chaplains.
- “I found myself, by finding how to teach yoga.” Kyle J
In-Person & Online Yoga Teacher Training (YTT)
"If you’re a little concerned about YTT in this time and in this unique situation, I completely sympathize, so I’m sharing a bit of my experience. Thanks to the tireless efforts of our instructors, our class transitioned to an entirely online format overnight. We still had everything we needed to succeed…a sincere, supportive community, incredible instruction and facilitated discussion, and a deeper understanding of the material, along with practical practice opportunity."
-Cami G, Winter/Spring 2020 Graduate
Know that there are a lot of places that you could do you teacher training at, whether it is here in Colorado Springs or in the vast possibilities of the internet. As we are currently hosting our training online with in-person options available, our competition is even bigger, so here are some reasons why you should look no further:
1) At Cambio School of Yoga, our mission is accessibility, community and education and we've led over 25 Yoga Teacher Trainings over the last decade.
2) Yes, we will be offering online teacher training this right now, and, YES, most of your online training will be done live with a lead teacher. This differs from many other online options that are pre-recorded-- you just can’t watch pre-recorded sessions and get the same experience. We will actually know your name, what your down dog looks like, what verbal tendencies you have -- and all of this will help us to inform your teaching skills that much more! We are hopeful to move to in-person offerings soon, but will continue training online for those who need it to make this training our most accessible yet. We are hopeful to move to in-person offerings soon, but will continue training online for those who need it to make this training our most accessible yet.
3) Because we know many of you are struggling financially, we are offering a “Give a Scholarship, Take a Scholarship” program for the Intensive program. This is your chance to get in on the lowest price since 2011 - or choose to give some extra to support a classmate! The Extended format also offers varying payment methods to make it work for your life.
4) If you enjoy Cambio offerings, there is a good chance that your teacher graduated from Cambio's YTT, as about 90% of our teachers are homegrown. Our public classes and workshops speak for the high-quality training that you receive with us.
5) If you are considering other online trainings, we know that you can find others that are doing it for less tuition. Consdier what you are getting for that price. You might want to investigate:
- How long have they been leading YTTs?
- What are the outcomes for their teachers?
- How many teachers are placed in studios?
- What are their reviews on Yoga Alliance?
- Ask them how many hours will you get with live teachers?
We LOVE leading teacher trainings and would be doing this anyways. We find ourselves now in a pool with teachers who have little experience leading YTTs and who are assembling mostly pre-recorded trainings online to that could (intentionally or unintentionally) take advantage of students during this time. As world events continue to unfold (and simultaneously as time seems to stand still), we practice sitting in uncertainty. As yoga practitioners, this makes for a fertile time for our practice. Take this opportunity to learn something new, don't wait until you are once again too busy to affect change in your life...commit to Yoga Teacher Training and embark on a journey of your mind, body, and heart.
Thank you for taking the time to consider our program, we hope that wherever you choose to do your YTT you get exactly what you’re looking for. At cambio we strive to provide the highest quality training with a variety of well-trained, passionate facilitators so that your experience may leave you with a well-rounded skill set in the fundamentals of yoga teaching techniques, the understanding of the wide world of yoga, the opportunity to connect with community and personal transformation.
Meet Your Teachers
Amber Richman :: Cambio Owner, YTT Director, Lead Teacher :: M.A.T., E-RYT 500, RCYT, C-IAYT
Amber first became enamored with yoga as a three year old when her mother would come home from classes at the Y and show her poses. At some point, her mom wasn’t able to keep up with yoga as a single parent. For Amber, this is where the desire to make yoga accessible has its earliest roots.
Later, in junior high and high school, Amber became interested in both metaphysics and eastern philosophy and noticed that everything seemed to lead back to yoga. She started with meditation and breathwork, finally tried asana at home with videos, and eventually became brave enough to take Kundalini classes at a Seattle community center. It took her years after that to summon the courage for studio yoga. All of the magazines and videos showed one body type (and age, gender, skin color, etc.) doing very advanced poses. Studio yoga seemed inaccessible and intimidating. This is where the spirit of Cambio was really summoned as Amber would catch herself daydreaming about a yoga studio that was donation and community based…one where every single person felt welcome and included. The idea seemed a true flight of fancy at the time as she hadn’t even become a yoga teacher or done any formal yoga training.
She finally started a 200 hour teacher training in 2005 and then took another in 2007. One of her teachers, Deanna Brown, taught donation classes from home, which showed Amber that it could indeed be done. As an elementary school teacher, she couldn’t afford to do a regular studio practice and, despite realizing not everyone in yoga class looked like the people in the magazines, she had never found a studio that really felt comfortable and welcoming—like coming home. She couldn’t even begin to imagine what it was like for people with greater financial, physical, or social-construct barriers. And so, in 2009, she began this crazy, beautiful adventure with her brother, Austin, to make yoga accessible to all in the Colorado Springs area.
Amber is a forever-student. She has done 300 hour/yoga therapy trainings with both Rocky Mountain Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda and Inner Peace Yoga Therapy. She is a Registered Experienced 500 Hour Yoga Teacher and Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance as well as a Certified Yoga Therapist with International Association of Yoga Therapists. In August of 2020, she completed a 300 hour Yoga Philosophy training with Embodied Philosophy.
Through her trainings, her goal is to continue to make quality yoga and yoga teachings accessible to ALL. The more she learns, the more she can share with this amazing community. She is especially passionate about teaching yoga philosophy, practices beyond asana, and yoga history in Cambio teacher trainings, where she has used her yoga learnings and her Masters in Teaching to co-create curriculum that she hopes allows students to go deeper into the yoga tradition, to transform and inspire, and to ultimately realize that they are already whole.
Her life’s mission is to use the powers of love and creativity to contribute to the lives of others. She is humbled and grateful to be able to serve others by being a steward of Cambio. It is such a cherry on top (to say the least) that she gets to do this work with her brother, Austin, and a brilliant, dedicated team of teachers, program leaders, and fellow yogis.
Beyond yoga and Cambio, Amber loves to hike, spend time with loved ones (animals included!), read, and do creative projects around her home.
Austin Richman :: Cambio Co-Founder, Lead Teacher :: E-RYT 500
Kristen Mack :: Intensive Coordinator, Lead Teacher :: E-RYT 500, CMT
I fell in love with yoga after the first class I attended. Not knowing much about it other than I felt better - physically, mentally, and emotionally - than I had in a while, I knew it was something I wanted to share with others. I completed my own 200 hour teacher training through Cambio Yoga and really connected with the mission of making yoga accessible to anyone that wants it, and the community that was being created was like nothing I had experienced before. When the opportunity came up to become a faculty member of the teacher training program, I took it with the intention of helping the program to grow & evolve to meet the needs of students, and further reach those that wanted to spread the teachings of yoga.
Yoga isn't one size fits all - each person has a unique experience with the practice, as in life. I strive to meet each student where they are so everyone is able to get what they need, but I also challenge students in ways that foster their growth as a teacher and as a student.
Lora Lantz :: Lead Teacher :: C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, YACEP
Lora brings over 13 years of teaching experience to inspire her students to discover their brightest selves both on and off the mat. Her classes are inspired by everyday life experiences with well crafted playlists and hands on assists. Through creative sequencing Lora will ask you to do things you never thought you could and loves to see students surprise themselves, no matter what their level of practice. Lora offers a different kind of vinyasa sequence. You won’t know what’s coming yet you know you’re in safe hands as her friendly voice guides you through this adventure. She will meet you on the mat with a heart full of compassion and a smile. Be prepared to move, sweat, laugh, feel, and maybe even sing along from time to time.
Lora's yoga practice was originally inspired in the basement of a gym by a handful of talented instructors. She eventually made her way to Hawaii to study with Baron Baptiste and completed his Level One Teacher Training. Additionally, she holds a current 500 hour E-RYT Yoga Alliance registration. Since her trainings, her teachings have been influenced by many wonderful instructors like Brandon Cox, Kathryn Budig, Rusty Wells, Richard Freeman, Austin Richman, Becca Roodhuyzen, Monika Kaufman, and most of all her fuzzy faced cat, Sofi. If it’s not fun, forget it! You can never get bored in yoga- there’s always something to learn, expand upon, deepen, or explore. Through consistent practice we can find freedom, freedom from our stories that hold us back and through this process together, we can smile, laugh, cry, fall, and celebrate. Shine Brightly!
Erica Kafka :: Lead Teacher, Anatomy, Hot Yoga :: C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, YACEP
Inspired by 20 years in the worlds of medicine and yoga, Erica bridges her unique experiences as a Yoga Therapist and Physician Assistant to share a holistic perspective of health and wellness. She is a gifted leader and facilitator who provides valuable and fulfilling experiences for her students. Having a background in biomedical sciences with an emphasis in anatomical studies at the graduate level and extensive training in yoga therapy modalities, Erica combines her knowledge of yoga and science to create accessible, applicable, and fun yoga anatomy lessons for Cambio's Teacher Training Programs.
Erica sees folks from a mind-body-spirit perspective and tailors the learning experience to fit their unique ambitions. She has a deep sense of how to listen and sees beyond the overt. Erica provides the space for you to show up as you are, ask questions, and walks with you on your yoga journey.